dina utami

It's Where I Put My Words and Anything I'd Like to Keep in Mind

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Newton's Apple Mystery



There are some interesting facts you can found in this book.

First, The most interesting one for me, is about the myth of Newton and Apple. Of course you're familiar with the story of Newton, Apple and Gravity. It turns out that it's not like what I used to think it is. I'm not gonna tell you here. You must read it yourself :p

Which you think is the CooLest, Einstein or Newton? I have always been Einstein big fans but after reading this book I change my mind. Sir Isaac Newton is the Greatest Scientist Ever. In the last pages of the book you can read what Einstein said about Newton and some reasons why, both, Einstein and Newton's are considered to be the greatest scientist and polling result about Einstein vs Newton.

Imagine, how is it like to conduct research on something real brand new. There was no specific glossary used to describe 'the thing' you want to measure and there's no unit of measurement.

Read the book and then answer this question
"If you could be Isaac Newton, be the greatest scientist ever, contributed so much for human, etc but you have to live the way he live, and experience everything he did. Personal life, love life, personal relation, daily habits..I meant everything! Would you???"

* 'the thing' that I meant was Force(F) and the unit of measurement..well..Newton(N)
*pic from here

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all great scientist are great thinkers..what separates them from most people is they learn to think outside the box.They perceive the supernatural and find a means to measure it thus contributing to knowledge scientifically.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home